Batman: The Dark
Playfield Protectors and Ramp Flaps - click images to enlarge
Batman: The Dark Knight pinball machine from
Stern Pinball, Inc is loaded with
shots and clever toys. However the scoop shot is vulnerable and has shown edge
chipping after less than 100 plays. The upper kickout and catapult kicker all
take a beatdown as well. Never fear! New protectors are here!
With much thanks to Chris Heffner, Don Walton and Russ Iurato we now have a beautifully designed protector set that will prevent wear and actually beautify the game with it's shiny stainless steel appearance matching the somewhat industrial look of the game. I've also created a replacement set of ramp flaps in matching stainless and the lower flap is extended to cover any existing dig-in line
The COMPLETE Batman TDK set shown here
Let's see the Scarecrow scoop installed in Chris' game
NICE! You might also notice Chris has installed my blue and yellow color sleeves (1 blue, 2 yellow) which really brighten up the dark playfield.
INSTALLATION (per Chris)
1. Push the crane to the left side of the playfield.
2. Remove the right wireform and raise playfield.
3. Remove the vuk and trough assembly from the bottom.
4. Remove the single post located at the right front corner of the hole.
5. Remove the locking nut on the ball guide post to the right of the hole.
6. Loosen the 2 remaining locking nuts on the ball guide assembly to allow some vertical play. No need to remove!
7. Lower the playfield and lift the ball guide up and slide the protector into place making sure the notch fits around the right side ball guide post.
8. Re-assemble in reverse order.
9. Move on to the remaining protectors :)
Remainders shown on a bare playfield
And thanks to Russ we have an awesome ramp flap set!
YOU be the hero! Help the Batman save your playfield from the evil forces of wear!
Complete TDK kit includes Scarecrow scoop, Upper kickout and
liner, outhole drain, catapult kicker slot, 2 switch slots, 3pc shooter lane and
2pc enhanced stainless ramp flaps $150
(The complete kit also earns you a free Cliffys shirt!)
Or just the pieces you want separately;
Scarecrow scoop $25
Upper kickout w/liner set $35
Catapult kicker slot (notched) $15
3pc shooter lane set $25
2pc enhanced stainless ramp flaps $14
email me and order yours!
(will open your system default email client)
Shipping cost not included. Shipped first class via USPS or GlobalPost
California residents must add sales tax